- Bachelor degree and a minimum GPA of 3.0, 80% or the equivalent from an accredited university
- Copy of diploma(s) and official certified paper transcript(s)
Candidates who have not graduated from an academic institution where the language of instruction is English, or who are not native English speakers, must submit ONE of the following to prove a high level of English proficiency:
- At least two letters of recommendation from either academic (i.e. a professor) or professional (i.e. a supervisor) sources. We do not accept personal references.
- Copy of valid passport & six passport-sized photos
For more information please click here.
*Test scores may be submitted electronically to institution code 0955. Alternatively, you may send the International School the original or authorized copy of your test score. Israeli applicants may submit scores from official University-administered English exam.
CostFor international students tuition and fees for the full academic year is $US 10,000*. The fee breakdown appears below:
|Service Fees (Security, Library, Health Insurance, etc.)
|TOTAL (in US Dollars)
Tuition for Israeli students is 27,430 NIS* that can be paid in eight instalments using the University of Haifa's payment vouchers.
There is a non-refundable $100 application fee per academic year for the program.
Dormitories are available for $450 per month.
* Final tuition for the next academic year is updated each August. For more information on the cost of our programs, dormitories, etc. and payment instructions please click here. For financial aid information visit the "Scholarships" tab on this page.
Global public health is a multidisciplinary specialty, leaving graduates of the program with a broad range of career options. Graduates will be well placed to pursue careers in ministries of health, non-governmental organizations, multi-lateral agencies (such as WHO), governmental agencies (USAID, in-country ministry of health, etc.), advocacy groups, disaster relief organizations, or research and academic institutions in positions such as Public Health Analysts and Public Health Advisors, Disease Control Consultants, and Health and Wellness Managers.
- Introduction to Global Public Health (including Social Determinants of Health)
- Theories and Models of Health Behavior
- Environmental & Occupational Health
- Epidemiology & Analysis of Epidemiological Data
- Biostatistics & SAS
- Introduction to Public Health Policy, Administration & The Israeli Health System
- Research Methods & Epidemiological Investigation
- Global Health Systems
- Health Economics
- Organization & Management
- Leadership & Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Leadership Seminar Series
Elective courses, a practicum, a Capstone Course also part of the curriculum.
For more information on the course curriculum and course description please click here.
Manfred Green, MD, PhD, MPH is currently the director of the Global Health Leadership and Administration MPH program and previously served as head of the University of Haifa School of Public Health, where he is a professor in the Department of Epidemiology. He also serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Georgia, College of Public Health in the United States. He received his medical degree at the University of Cape Town in South Africa, his MPH and PhD at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and his BSc in mathematical statistics at the University of Witwatersrand. He previously served as head of the public health branch for the Israel Defense Forces, as well as founding director of the Israel Center for Disease Control.
For a full list of faculty members and their specialisations please visit here.
March 15 - Early Application Deadline
May 31 - Late Application Deadline (for late applications dormitory reservations are not guaranteed)
April 15 - Financial Aid Application Deadline