All applicants must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply to any of the below programs:
Semester and Year Programs
For all of our semester and year programs, the International School welcomes applications from students in good academic standing demonstrated by a consistent academic record.
Eligibility of students for the semester and year programs varies according to the following:
Gap Semester and Year Programs
- Year / Semester Program - for recent high school graduates and must be 18 years of age by the start of the semester
- Official transcript- High School Final Grade of 85 or equivalent
- If your transcripts are not from high school in the United States, then you must:
- 1) have your transcript translated into English.
- 2) have your grades and their average calculated according to the system used in the United States (GPA) or a number grade and must be equivalent to an 85.
- 3) a copy of the original (untranslated) official transcript should accompany the translated one.
- English Fluency Exam- minimum score of 89 on TOEFL ( 6 equivalent in IELTS), CET 6: 435 or CET 4: 580, level B2 in Erasmus system (For non-native English speakers/ Institutions)
- 2 academic letters of recommendation from teachers
- Essay- Between 400-500 words about why you wish to study at the University of Haifa, and what you wish to attain from your abroad experience.
- Medical forms signed by a doctor, vouching for participant's health and ability to participate in abroad program
Supplemental Applications Forms Needed
- Dormitories Contract (If residing in dorms)
- Mandatory Health Insurance Form
- Language Placement Exam (If taking a language)**
** Please note** In order to take part in any language program/course you must submit your language placement exam with your online application. If you do not submit your placement exam with your online application, you will not be able to participate in a language course.
All supplemental application forms can be found here