Billing and Payments:
- You are required to submit a non-refundable deposit as indicated in your payment statement (study abroad students only), in order to secure your enrollment in the International School. The amount of the non-refundable deposit as well as the date due will be listed in the payment statement that you receive after being accepted. This amount will be deducted from your tuition. Part-time and intensive language programming applicants must pay the full amount within two weeks of receiving their payment statement.
- A payment statement will be sent to your e-mail account upon acceptance to the program. After each payment, an updated statement will be sent to you reflecting all payments made.
- The full payment for the program must be received no later than two weeks before the start of the program, unless notified otherwise. If you have not completed your payment, you will not be permitted to participate in courses.
- All fees are to be paid via credit card
If scholarship funds have not been received by the University of Haifa before the first day of the program, you will be required to pay the amount due. The University of Haifa will issue you a refund once the scholarship funds are received. If the University of Haifa was notified of scholarship funds before payments are made, such funds will be deducted from the tuition fees due and will be reflected in the bill.
- All scholarships should be made payable to the University of Haifa and mailed to:
University of Haifa
Haifa 3498838, Israel
Please note: Any student who wishes to cancel his participation or withdraw from a program of study at the University of Haifa must notify the International School in writing. The date of cancellation/withdrawal will be the date that the International School receives notification.
- Application Fee: There is no refund of the application fee.
- Tuition and Activities Fees: Please see below
- Program and Dormitory Deposits: There is no refund for both types of deposits
Full Time Semester/Academic Year Programming:
Withdrawal prior to the first day of class: Full refund of all fees paid other than the non-refundable deposit for the current program/semester, and a refund of all fees for additional programs/semesters.
Withdrawal within the first three days of classes: 75% refund of all fees paid other than the non-refundable deposit for the current program/semester, and a refund of all fees for additional programs/semesters.
After three days: No refunds whatsoever for the current semester can be made, including the deposit for the current program/semester. A refund for all additional programs/semesters will be made in full.
Part Time/ Intensive/ Summer Programming:
Withdrawal prior to the first day of class or within the first three days of class: 25% refund of all fees paid other than the non-refundable deposit for the current program/semester. A refund for all additional programs/semesters will be made in full.
After three days: No refunds for the current program can be made. A refund for all additional programs/semesters will be made in full with the exclusion of the non-refundable deposit for the current program/semester.
Withdrawal prior to arrival: Full refund of dormitory fees minus non-refundable deposit.
Withdrawal within three days of residency: Refund for two weeks of the dormitory fee for that month.
After three days: Refunds for the current month cannot be made. If additional months of residence in the dormitory are cancelled in advanced, fees for the additional months will be refunded in full.
If a student has received a scholarship and decides to withdraw from the program, the International School will contact the scholarship source to determine whether scholarship funds should be refunded to the student or to the organization that granted the scholarship.
- Bank Fee: Bounced checks incur a $50 fee.
- Collection Fees: The University of Haifa may utilize the services of an attorney and/or collection agent to collect any amount past due, and you will be charged an additional amount equal to the cost of the collection as well as any other fees incurred by the University of Haifa.
The University of Haifa reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student whose conduct or academic standing warrants such action. In the event that a student is asked to leave the program, no refund whatsoever will be granted to the student.
All exchange students are required to pay the following fees:
- Dormitories (including the non-refundable deposit)
- Mandatory Health Insurance
Course Cancellation and Course Cost Policy:
The University of Haifa reserves the right to change and or cancel any program up until one month before the start of that specific program.
Prices for courses are also subject to change from one academic year to another. Therefore, participant payment statements are subject to change in accordance to new prices.