Who will process my personal information?
The International School at the University of Haifa is the “data controller" for the information that we collect when you visit our websites. This means that we decide how to use it and are responsible for looking after it in accordance with appropriate laws.
Access to your personal data within the University will be provided to those staff who need to view it as part of their work in connection with the operation of the website or providing educational and other information to you as a candidate. It will also be shared with the third parties described in sections below.
Personal information collected
When you visit our website we use a third party service, Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, via the Websites and from third parties, to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve the Websites.
How we use your data
We process personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and update you with the most current and relevant information about our products and offers through the following actions:
- Setting up management account in our CRM and registration systems and keeping track of your registration progress
- Communicating with you
- Personalizing your experience by updating you with the most relevant information
- To conduct personalized marketing messaging or legitimate marketing activity that includes:
- using information we collect about you through the Websites to deliver advertising that is targeted for individuals with similar interests or characteristics through third party service providers, such as Facebook Custom Audiences, Google or other similar business tools;
- developing new products or services or conducting analysis to enhance current products and services;
- reviewing the usage and operations of the Websites and to analyze and improve the Websites
- contacting you for legitimate business purposes;
- using personal information to invite individuals to take part in market research;
- where consent is required by applicable law, sending you direct marketing emails.
- To assist you with the application process and during your stay at the UHIS
- To protect the security and functionality of the Websites. This includes:
- monitoring customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- using personal information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others about our Websites or our products and services.
- For purposes which are required by law. This includes:
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation;
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose.
Sharing your data with third parties
We may share your information with our service providers that provide business, professional, or technical support functions for us. In particular, we use third-party providers of website hosting, maintenance and marketing services. These service providers are only given access to your information to the extent necessary to process your information and/or provide services to UHIS, and they are prohibited from using or share your information for any other purposes. UHIS may disclose limited information about you to Service Providers to serve relevant advertising on third party platforms to you or to other audiences.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your data in line with our policies. We do not allow them to use your data for their own purposes. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where we store or use your data
We may store data collected through the website manually or electronically. The data is stored on our secure servers and customer management systems CRM and SAP student management systems in our premises within the University of Haifa.
We are committed to protecting the security of your information by all means available, however, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee our security measures. We are not responsible for any unauthorized access to or acquisition of your information.
The accuracy, safety, and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone.
You can delete current session or existing cookies in your Internet browser at any time, and deactivate the setting of additional cookies in your browser settings. However, deactivation may affect the functionality you enjoy on our website.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
Upon request, we will inform you about and - if so - which personal data we process (right of confirmation, right of access).
At your request:
- we will cease processing personal data, in part or in full (right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes; right to erasure (right “to be forgotten”)). Your request to be forgotten will also be communicated to third parties to whom we have previously forwarded your personal data.
- we will correct the relevant personal data (right to rectification);
- we will restrict the processing of the relevant personal data (right to restriction of processing); in this case we will only store or use your personal data to protect our own legal claims or the third party rights;
- you will receive the relevant personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (right to data portability).
We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event in accordance with the requirements of the law. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise. However, depending on the circumstances and the nature of your request it may not be possible for us to do what you have asked, for example, where there is a statutory or contractual requirement for us to process your data and it would not be possible to fulfil our legal obligations if we were to stop. We will notify you about the relevant reasons.
Changes to this policy