Welcome Center – University of Haifa
Our Welcome Center supports international doctoral students, post-doctoral researchers, visiting scientists and scholars, with planning, preparing for, and participating in their stay in Haifa
The University of Haifa's Welcome Center gives advice on all non-academic matters, and provides a single location to address all questions that may arise during visitors’ everyday lives in their new hometown.
We provide personal support and advice, as well as information on housing, culture, health, education, visa extensions, help with forms, transportation, and language learning.
The Welcome Center is located on the second floor of the Hatter Student Building in Room 225. Hours of operation: daily from 08:30 to 15:30.
The Welcome Center will assist and advise visitors in the following areas:
- Register you in the University of Haifa system and give you a student number.
- Take you on a campus tour and provide information on campus services.
- Guidance with public and/or local authoritie
- Support and assist in filling out various forms and procedures, such as Health insurance, Israeli bank accounts and visa extensions
- Provide information and counseling in:
- Social activities held by the International School
- Locating kindergartens and schools
- Locating doctors and hospitals
- Registering for a Hebrew course