The Study Abroad and Gap Year programs at the International School at the University of Haifa are gearing up for Fall 2020. In light of COVID-19, we are taking steps to ensure that all of our students will have the best experience possible this coming fall.
In order to make this happen, we have created two possible scenarios:
1) University campuses in Israel re-open to all regular academic activities by the official start date of October 18, 2020.
The Study Abroad program's classes will take place on campus and organized trips, tours and activities will take place as scheduled.
2) University campuses in Israel do not open to classes on campus and courses continue to be taught on-line.
The Study Abroad program's courses will be taught online at hours that accommodate America's time zones (morning in the USA, evening in Haifa).
This scenario will incorporate a two week Israel experience at the end of the semester (providing that international travel is an option) in which students will get to meet their faculty in person, and explore Israeli culture and sites through fun organized trips and tours. Housing costs will be an additional fee of approximately $600.
What you will study
The disciplines in which we offer courses include the following:
- Arabic Language and Culture
- Contemporary Israeli
- English Language and Literature*
- Economics and Business Management*
- Hebrew Language
- Holocaust Studies
- Maritime Civilizations*
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Peace and Conflict Studies (Honors Program Available)
- Political Science
- Psychology (Track Program Available)
- Religious and Jewish Studies
To view our full course lists and course catalog for 2020-2021 please click here.
*Disciplines marked with an asterisk function on the departmental schedule of each department and not based on the International School calendar.